Technorati says in one of its studies that 95% of blogs are abandoned says an article in New York Times
"According to a 2008 survey by Technorati, which runs a search engine for blogs, only 7.4 million out of the 133 million blogs the company tracks had been updated in the past 120 days. That translates to 95 percent of blogs being essentially abandoned, left to lie fallow on the Web, where they become public remnants of a dream — or at least an ambition — unfulfilled"Mumbai in Jan 2008 and thus lost the vantage point to the happenings in Kerala. I discontinued keralatimes. My last entry was on 28 august 2008.
I learned and gained much from the process of blogging.
1. Before the blog my jottings were not more than a to do list or occasional poetry. I learned to think paragraphs. Though my grammar and spelling still remain terrible. I found a new expression in writing.
2. I developed opinions on cultural and social issues, started listening to what was happening around me.
3. I began to understand technological developments of the internet, looking back i feel that I am part of a social media revolution that everyone is talking about now.
4. I trained myself to sift and navigate the information highway. Introduction to RSS and Feed reader happened.
5. I found new friends to share ideas with
6. and more
"There will come a time, when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning" - Lois L'Amour