Friday, March 04, 2005

B/BOKs


The first word Parashu spoke to me was 'Tenny, i want you to write for me'.
That was on our very first meeting. I smirked in reaction.
I also noticed that he wore very distinct smelling deodorant which
was definite smell of Axe.

i dont have it in me to write. i have been with writers and blogumists
but that had nothing to do with words. writing is a different game.
if i could write i would have written the script for a feature film
which i would direct.

there was a gap of 3 weeks before i bumped into him again.
when he told me that actually he would dictate and all i had to do was
make notes. and that he wanted someone who could write at the speed
of his thoughts.

between our last meeting and this time i did some detective work.
Sherlock informed me that Parashu was a B/BOK!!! In fact the very
first B/BOK. Born/Brought up Outside Kerala.

B/BOK was as per reports in malayalam feature films, television and malayala
manorama weekly, were seen as rich people, who wore bermudas and spoke
in malayalam with a heavy english mix. The had little brains, were naive.
Survived on sandwich and cola. Being seen as friends with them would
mean inviting scorns from your brethren's- I was warned.

I agreed to write for Parashu, i dont know why i did that, must have
been the 'axe effect'.



Short films | Made using DSLRs

Now with the Canon EOS 5D MKII , the boys can become men sooner. The rituals of climbing the filmmaking hierarchy will be a lot easier, ...